Monday, May 12, 2014

Celebrating Special Women

Hello, everyone, Julie here today from Muddy Paws & Inky Fingers. Yesterday was Mother's Day, and although my own mother has been gone for over 9 years now, there are still plenty of women in my life that I like to celebrate.  
   This project is the perfect example of how just a little bit of twine can have a big impact.  But, back to those special women...  There are several women who live in the nursing home where I work that are very special to me.  I tell them they are "like a mother to me."  I needed something I could make a few of, in a relatively short period of time, that would look special, but whip up quick.  Enter my Silhouette, favorite papers, ribbon, and Timeless Twine.


I found this Floral Envelope Bag by Jamie Cripps in the Silhouette Online Store.  I thought it would work well for what I wanted -- I could tuck a tag inside, telling the ladies how much they meant to me, and I could make several of them fairly quickly.
I used Fancy Pants Park Bench 12x12 papers, 3 Girl JAM crinkle ribbon, and of course, a bit of Timeless Twine in Aqua Delight.

I have a close up of the rose.  I have some shimmer paper I purchased at a Scrapbook store that's going out of business. You can see the shimmer better in the close up, and the Timeless Twine, too ;)


I hope all you mom's had a beautiful Mother's Day yesterday, and to all you women out there, know that you are one-of-a-kind individuals, and that's certainly worth a celebration!

6 comments:

Karen (karey2005) said...

Perfect cards for your residents. How sweet of you!

Ruthie @ SeptemberNinth said...

This is gorgeous Julie! I am sure your residents loved them!

Rose said...

Julie this is so pretty!! she is sure to love it :)

DebC said...

Great little gift bag!
Deb

DebC said...

Great little gift bag!
Deb

Tara said...

ooh, very pretty! Such a sweet gesture for these ladies!